© 2013 Standing Stone Coffee Company
1229 Mifflin Street Huntingdon, PA 16652
Community Development Program
Engaging our community and being active members in our neighborhood is a priority for us. We're a fairly young company and we've spent the last few years listening and learning about what our role in the community might look like.
This is the initial stages of a very exciting new program we are in the midst of developing. Read our program's founding document below and keep an eye on our blog and Facebook Site for the latest.
Our Vision of Community Founding Document for Community Development(.pdf)
Community Development Awards - Deadline for Spring Submissions is February 15th, 2013
Awards are presented to Huntingdon community members, initiatives, or organizations reflecting Standing Stone Coffee Company's Vision of Community. Awards will be given to those showing active, productive or fresh work in the community. It is by design to be given to anyone of any age, showing that anyone can make a difference.
Award includes a $100 donation to an organization of the recipient's choice.
Nominations accepted through February 15, 2013.
Award recipients will be announced before March 1, 2013.
Community Development Grants - Deadline for Spring Submissions is February 15th, 2013
This grant is provided for Huntingdon community members who are working on or are launching community development projects aligning with Standing Stone Coffee Company's Vision of Community.
There is $710 available for grants this season.
A committee from SSCC will review all applications and determine grant recipients and amounts based on criteria above. Applicant can request any amount up to $710, but may be allotted only part or none of the available funds.
All grant recipients will be expected to report on their projects' progress within five to six months after grant distribution.
Applications accepted through February 15, 2013. Grant recipients will be announced before March 1, 2013 and funding will be distributed shortly thereafter.
Our Advocacy and Education Program Focus for the Next 5 Months
- January - Fuel Assistance 15% donation day supports Center for Community Action Fuel Assistance Program
- February - Refugee Assistance and Disaster Response 15% donation day supports ShelterBox USA
- April - Community Literacy 15% donation day supports First Book Huntingdon
- May - Community Collaboration 15% donation day supports Huntingdon County United Way
- June - Disaster Response 15% donation day supports Team Rubicon
Past Focuses Have Included:
- Fuel Assistance in a Burdening Economy - 15% donation day supports The Center for Community Action Fuel Assistance Fund
- Life on the Coffee Farm - Connecting with Our International Community - 15% donation day supports Coffee Kids
- Housing Economics - 15% donation day supports Habitat for Humanity
- Environment and Community - 15% donation day supports PA Cleanways
- Sustainable Agriculture and Home Gardening Ideas - 15% donation day open for unknown community needs
- International Housing Conditions - 15% donation day supports Juniata College's Habitat for Humanity Global Village Trip to El Salvador www.habitat.org/gv/
- Stories from the Neighborhood - 15% donation day supports Huntingdon's Community Center
- Hunger Awareness - 15% donation day supports The Huntingdon Area Food Pantry
Found at the corner of 5th and Mifflin Streets, (814) 641-0466
- Community Collaboration - 15% donation day supports The United Way
- Pregnancy and New Parenting Services - 15% donation day supports Cross Roads Pregnancy Center
- International Micro-Finance Loans - 15% donation day supports Hope International
- Cancer Awareness and Research - 15% donation day supports Juniata College's Relay for Life
- Arts in Our Community - 15% donation day supports Huntingdon County Arts Council
- Mentoring and Youth Development - 15% donation day supports Huntingdon Big Brothers, Big Sisters
- Hunger Awareness and Emergency Relief - 15% donation day supports Huntingdon's Salvation Army
- Stewardship of our Community Pets - 15% donation day supports Huntingdon County Humane Society
- International Community Economic Development - 15% donation day supports Heifer International